Sunday, June 19, 2005

Is it a Yes?

Cris and I continued to date despite the many challenges we had to face. I guess, the reason why we went on dating is that we really enjoy each other's company and all those bad people around us just fade away when we're together... I don't want to sound so cheezy but I guess Love conquers all... hehehe..

March 5, 2003. Wednesday. How I hate that day given that I had to drive the old red car. Not that I'm complaining that the red car is old, but more of the fact that I used to park it at my Tita's house and I still had to walk to get home. Anyway, I invited Cris to have dinner with me after office. It still wasn't easy to ask her out, but probably because of my perseverance, I always find ways to convince her... hehehe... but I think she promised me that we'll go out that time... hmm...

We went to Via Mare (Oyster Bar) at the Powerplant mall. I think she ordered pandesal with corned beef and I got my favorite bibingka. We ate and talk. As far as I can recall, it wasn't really a smooth conversation but still we did enjoy our dinner...

After dinner, I wanted to take Cris home. It was quite late and I'm not comfortable if she'll just take a shuttle or a cab given that she lives in Marikina. During that time, she doesn't really want her parents to know that she's going out with anybody. I really can't understand during that time, but I guess they were just being really protective of their little girl. Anyway, I kept on insisting to take her home. Likewise, she kept on telling me to drop her somewhere and she'll just go home by herself. We went to car and the discussion went on. How difficult it was. Both of us are hard headed. I'm concerned about her safety and she was concerned about her parents finding out that she was dating.

To make the story short.... She won and I ended up bringing her to Eastwood Libis, which is just a few more minutes away from her home. I was really having a bad headache that time... I parked the car and we talked for a while. She asked her dad to pick her up at Eastwood. We continued our conversation while she wait for her dad to arrive (Of course, she didn't tell her dad that I brought her there). Again, I found myself in a difficult situation where she was asking me several questions about my intentions. I remember myself feeling in desperation and tears were continuously falling from my cheeks. The highlight came when she asked me "Ano ba ang gusto mo?" (What do you want?) or something like that. I was confused myself and didn't know how to respond to that question... I kept on telling her that all I wanted is to be with her and express my feelings... She kept on asking me the same question over and over as if she was trying to look for a specific response. As I said, I'm quite lost and didn't actually know what she wanted me to say...

Her dad sent an SMS to tell her that he was there already. For the last time, she asked me the same question, and I responded the same answer... and she said "ok na" and left. I was in a state of shock and was really confused on what had happened. I sat down for several minutes inside the car and kept on thinking what she meant by that... Did she just say yes to me? I contacted my good friend Ina and told her everything. She was telling me that Cris probably said yes to me already... I think it was already between 10 to 11 PM... I told Ina that I'm leaving Eastwood already. I started the car and went outside the parking lot. Still confused, I called Cris on her cellphone and started talking to her hoping to get sense of what had just occurred. Finally I realized.... I DID IT!!!! She said Yes to me already... It was official!!! March 5, 2003... we're finally a couple!!! whoaaaa!!!!!