Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The `o sooo LOOOONNGG Week


Yes... It was actually my last week at Sun Microsystems... I'll be starting my new job at Accenture on the 27th of January (2003)... The opportunity just came. I was told about the opening the day after I interviewed Cris (if you can recall from our previous stories, I still call her Maricristine or Cristine). I actually had my interview the following week, January 6, 2003, to be specific. As much as I wanted to stay with the company I loved for a long time, I had to take the opportunity being presented to me for so many reasons that is quite hard to explain...

January 15, 2003 came, Cris was called at Sun office to take her new role. She didn't actually knew that it will be her first day at work. May contacted me thru my cell phone and
told me that Cris is already there at the office and will wait for me for her briefing. Where was I? Well... I was at G4, having my physical checkup (as required by my soon to be company)... Good thing that I was almost finish with my checkup.... I tried to hurry up since I was a bit excited
also meeting Cris for the 2nd time. We actually became friends after our first meeting. As I said, I had fun talking to her, even if it was only thru the cell phone.... Thank God for SMS!!! Whoever invented it, needs a big pat on the back...

I went in the conference room where Cris was waiting.... still gasping for air, I sat besides her and asked how it went.... She hasn't really signed the contract yet and was evidently hesitant to do so... maybe because she really didn't know what to expect, given that this is really her
first time to join the great jungle of the corporate world....

I did explain some of the terminologies indicated in the contract.... at least for the parts that I understand...

Eventually, she signed the contract. After that, it was history.... BWAHAHAHAHA... it seems that she sold herself to the devil.. hahaha.. just kidding... of course it was a great opportunity for her as well. Given that it was actually my last week at work, I'm willing to give all I can
to a rookie... teaching all the things I knew.... on the technical aspect OK!!! (shame on you if you are thinking of something else... tsk tsk tsk...) I do love teaching.... for me teaching is learning twice... In this case, I'll be teaching her what I knew about Solaris (Sun's own flavor of UNIX)...

As with my other engineers, I do have a training plan for Cris... This includes her formal training on Solaris. She'll be attending her first ever technical training ... This will just prep her for the things she needs to understand to accomplish her new role...

As with my other staff, I am a bit strict (esp. in terms of following procedures and on deadlines)... but still I would try my best to maintain a good relationship with my people
and still do treat them as my friends ... This is the same way I treated Cris... but on some instances, she still finds her way to use her charms with me... I was sooooo vulnerable
to her charms... tsk tsk tsk...

Anyway, I would teach Cris the basics of UNIX.... She was seated near my desk, where I can easily see what she is doing. It was not exactly planned, but it was only the available spot that is not occupied...

...FAST FORWARD...

Cris and I became really good friends... We would work professionally during office hours, but when it is already off hours... we would send messages as if there is no tomorrow. :)

...FAST FORWARD...

Days passed... we became closer during the weekend. I was out that weekend (both Saturday and Sunday)... but still, I kept on texting her and even contacted her thru her cell
phone, given that it is quite hard to send messages while driving... We were talking about Shih-Tzu's, things that she like, and so much more...

...FAST FORWARD...

On one particular day at work, she was telling me about her plans .... One of the things that really impressed me was when she shared to me (and some other people in the room)
about her plan to get an educational plan for her future child, once she earned enough money... PICK UP LINES!!!! hehehe... but it worked!!! hahaha j/k

...FAST FORWARD...

As my last day approached, I've realized that I do enjoy spending my time with Cris a lot... Looking back, I think this is the period where I already felt something special with Cris... I already knew she was pretty, smart, and sexy from our first meeting... but this is quite different. I wanted to court Cris but I really can't... Technically, I'm still her superior that time... I actually, wanted to take leave already and wished that it was already my last day with Sun. I thought to myself, if I am already with Accenture, then I'm no longer her superior and we'll just be good friends.... and hoping more than that... :)

...FAST FORWARD...

The day came... 27th.... My first day at Accenture... what did I do??? Better wait for Cris's turn to tell you.... =p

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, kakakilig =)

 
At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Admin said...

This is a great blog you have here.
Very interesting to read, so I bookmarked it.
greets:)
------------------------------
[My blog]
[avatars and funny stuff]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home