Monday, April 18, 2005

The Beginning

Back in 2003, a few weeks before I left my previous employer, I was scouting for a potential substitute for one of my team members . It was just the start of the year. I went in the office January 2, 2003 to do my scouting. Only a few of us went in that day (considering that it was the day after the New Year), including one of my colleagues, Mike Balaoing. I had a pile of CVs for review and one by one I tried contacting them hoping to get good potential candidate. Mike approached me and showed me some more CVs to evaluate. I took a glance at them and saw this one CV that is a bit black, given that it was only a photocopy of the original. The CV also has a photocopied picture included (You won't be able to see the actual face because it was so black and only some teeth would show from the smile. I told myself, who in the right mind would send a photocopied CV. I would think that job hunters would try to do their best to impress employers... Anyway, I continued on reading all the resumes that I had on my desk. One by one, I tried calling them. I was able to contact a few...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home